Welcome to Palliative Care Network Connections. We have created this space for the PCN community to come together during the COVID-19 pandemic to share resources, support each other, and stay connected with other professionals going through the same hardships across the world.
The Connections platform is broken into different segments - Groups, Categories, and Topics.
- Groups - this is the highest level of the community. All users on PCN Connections are part of the main group.
- Categories - these are the subject matter areas (Grief, Stories, Resources, etc.). If professional societies would like to have a dedicated Category please contact email@example.com.
- Topics - these are the individual discussion threads. You can start a new topic about a subject in a Category or reply to a user’s Topic thread.
When you are ready to respond to a Topic you will click on “Reply” and write your reply or comments to the original post. To add a new Topic to the Category click the “+ New Topic” button. Add in your discussion post title, ensure that the Category you are posting is is pre-populated in the drop-down box, write your discussion post and click the “+ Create Topic” button at the bottom.
These discussion areas assign users “trust” levels based on their activities within the community. This allows the community to minimize trolls and robo-spam. For this reason new users have limited actions and interactions within the site for the first 15 minutes.
Within a new users verification period he or she may not:
- post more than 2 hyperlinks
- post any images or file attachments
- send private messages
- flag posts or topics
- have actual links in the “about me” field of their profile
- @name mention more than 2 users in a post
If you have any questions or concerns about the community or your user experience please contact the site admin.